Sunday, July 25, 2010

Minarets and Mosques

I found the minarets attached to the Mosques fascinating and beautiful. Where ever you went, from the biggest most populated city, Casa Blanca, to the tiniest of villages in the Sahara there were minarets to call to prayer. The call to prayer was very cool and I never tired of it. The sing songy sometimes very loud call was like a clock for us. Five times a day. This is a Minaret in Tarradant. Ibrim, after about day 5 said to Gary, "I think she really likes the mosques. " This is the largest Mosque in Morocco. The Mohammad V can hold about 15 thousand people

This is a Minaret in a very small village in the Sahara west of Mahmid




I am not sure of the village but it was in the High Atlas Mts




Even in the bustling Marrakesh square.





This is "our" Minaret in Essouira. It is the veiw from our Riad roof terrace.





Another in Casa Blanca







Mohammad V in Casa Blanca. This is the first clear view as we walked to it from our hotel.











No comments:

Post a Comment